Gallery jr+ (v0.76)
Gallery jr+ is an PHP Image Gallery viewer & updater that can be
run on webservers.
Notice: This script hasn't been adequately tested, and I haven't had time
to document it fully either. So it probably isn't quite ready for use
Output Preview: My Art Page | Josh Hess Art
- Upload images directly onto the page using the web updater
- Optional auto-thumbnailing of images
- Store images in multiple galleries, including optional one-level gallery nesting
- Add descriptions to images & galleries
- Create & edit galleries or image info with the web updater
- PHP (version 4 or later)
- MYSQL support
- GD graphics library for php (for auto-thumbnailing)
Installation (brief overview):
- Before uploading to your server, you must change some variables in
the uservars.php. Change the $sUsername and $sPassword values.
- You'll be prompted for your username and password when you connect
- Set the $host, $user, $pass, $db variables to the values needed to
connect to the MYSQL database on your webserver.
- After you upload the php files, make a directory named images
and one named thumbs where you uploaded the files.
- The first time you connect, you'll get a MYSQL error, and an option
to create the tables in the database you need. Click the link to create
- You're now ready to create a gallery and upload images using your
web browser to run the updategal.php on your server.
The links and forms should be self-explanatory.
Q: Can I have multiple and different galleries running
on the same server and database?
A: Yes. To do this you should install the .php files into
different directories, and edit each "uservars.php" making sure
that each installation has different names set for $table, $tableCat.
Download Source: galleryjr.zip
PHP programming: programming info and source code for a simple gallery